Phlebotomy Opening Times
Basildon hospital (appointment only)
- 07.00- 18.40 Monday- Thursday
Orsett Hospital (Appointment plus walk-in Service subject to availability)
- 07.00- 15.40 Monday- Friday
St. Andrews Bilericay (appointment only)
- 07.00- 12.40 Monday - Friday
Note: Opening times are correct at time of printing and are subject to change
How to book an appointment:
By Phone (lines open Mon-Fri 07:30-17:00 exc Bank Holidays)
01702 746509, 01702 746510, 01702 746511
Note: Children aged 0-10 are required to attend Children's Outpatients
Please call Basildon Hospital 01268 524900 ext 8167
Basildon/ Orsett/ St Andrews Phlebotomy service from age 11- adult
Travel Vaccinationsglobal air travel
If you require any vaccinations relating to foreign travel you need to make an appointment with the practice nurse to discuss your travel arrangements. This will include which countries and areas within countries that you are visiting to determine what vaccinations are required.
There is further information about countries and vaccinations required on the links below
- Europe Europe & Russia North America North America
- Central America Central America South America South America
- Caribbean Caribbean Africa Africa
- Middle East Middle East Central Asia Central Asia
- East Asia East Asia Australasia Australasia and Pacific
- It is important to make this initial appointment as early as possible - at least 6 weeks before you travel - as a second appointment will be required with the practice nurse to actually receive the vaccinations. These vaccines have to be ordered as they are not a stock vaccine. Your second appointment needs to be at least 2 weeks before you travel to allow the vaccines to work.
Some travel vaccines are ordered on a private prescription and these incur a charge over and above the normal prescription charge. This is because not all travel vaccinations are included in the services provided by the NHS.
Travel Health Questionnaire*
- To help us offer the appropriate advice, please fill out the form below and bring in to the surgery.
If you are travelling to Europe a very useful booklet has been published with advice and guidance to help you get the most out of your holiday. To visit please click here. (this is a large document and may take a minute or two to view)
Some services provided are not covered under our contract with the NHS and therefore attract charges. Examples include the following:
- Medicals for pre-employment, sports and driving requirements (HGV, PSV etc.)
- Insurance claim forms
- Prescriptions for taking medication abroad
- Private sick notes
- Vaccination certificates
- Private letters
- The fees charged are based on the British Medical Association (BMA) suggested scales and our reception staff will be happy to advise you about them along with appointment availability.
Bowel cancer is the fourth most common cancer in the UK. The aim of the Bowel Screening Programme is to discover bowel cancer at an early stage, before symptoms have a chance to develop. The sooner it's caught, the easier it is to treat and treatment is more likely to be successful.
- Bowel screening involves a simple test that you carry out in your own home.
- We encourage you to consider doing this screening test, which you then send off in the envelope for analysis.
- Whether or not to do the test is your choice, so you should read the information you were sent with your screening invitation to help you decide.
- If you have not received your screening pack or wish to have another sent out to you, please telephone the following number, which is the bowel screening helpline: 0800 707 6060.
- If you're not sure how to complete the test itself, and have access to the internet, this link will give you further information: How to complete the test or speak to your practice nurse who can show you how to complete the kit.
- If there is anything else you'd like to know or discuss then please do not hesitate to contact the surgery for further advise.
Please inform the surgery if you are a carer. Please be aware that there are services to support you if you are a carer. Please click on the website below for more information: http://www.askthurrock.org.uk/kb5/thurrock/fis/service.page?id=xQmavDVezrQ