Mrs Bola Kolade (f)
Nurse Practitioner – Peartree Surgery and West Horndon Surgery
Claire will be working closely with the GPs to manage acute and chronic conditions. Her duties involve:
– Undertake a comprehensive and sophisticated physical and/or mental health assessment of patients with complex multiple healthcare needs and/or in crisis.
– Interpret the results of multiple different assessments and investigations in order to make a diagnosis, and plan and
– Confidently and competently make ethical, evidence based decisions and interventions when faced with complexity and assess and manage the risk associated with these decisions.
– Utilise therapies such as cognitive behavioural therapy when working with patients with mental health conditions either in isolation or associated with a physical long-term condition.
– Prescribe and work with individuals to manage their medicines.
– Work independently but also as part of a multi-disciplinary team and exercise values based leadership.
– Plan and provide skilled and competent care to meet a patient’s health and social care needs involving or referring on to other members of the healthcare team as appropriate.
Mrs Tracey Rooney(f)
Practice Nurse – Peartree Surgery and West Horndon Surgery
Practice Nurses are qualified and registered nurses. They can help with health issues such as family planning, healthy living advice, blood pressure checks and dressings. The Practice Nurses run clinics for long-term health conditions such as asthma, COPD or diabetes, minor ailment clinics and they carry out cervical smears.
She also gives travel vaccinations and Yellow Fever vaccinations; if you are planning to go on holiday please fill out the travel information form before making an appointment to be seen, this is available on this web site.
The Nurse will also give injections for seasonal flu and pneumonia, B12 injections, and childhood immunisations.
Mrs Sharon Hiley (f)
Health Care Assistant – Peartree Surgery and West Horndon Surgery
Health Care Assistants are primarily to assist the Practice Nurse. They can help with health issues such as family planning, healthy living advice, blood pressure checks and dressings. They can also assist the practice nurses with clinics for long-term health conditions such as asthma, COPD or diabetes, minor ailment clinics. She cannot prescribe medication.
The HCA will also give injections for seasonal flu and pneumonia, and B12 injections.